Meters and More Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif, having its registered office at 1050 Brussels, rue de la Science 14b, company number 0824.390.132 (the “Association“) is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors of this website.
When you provide us with personal data, such data are processed under the control of the Association, in compliance with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- What information we collect
Information received directly from you. The Association receives most of its data directly from you. This can include the following categories of data
- First and last name;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number
The Association will not normally collect any personal data information about you through our website other than through the use of certain cookies or other tracking devices and when you register on this website (http://www.metersandmore.com/cookie-policy/).
- Purpose of processing
The Association will only use your personal data in accordance with the law and the applicable legal grounds available. Most commonly, personal data will be used :
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract to which a member is a party or in order to take steps at the request of a prospective member prior to entering into a contract;
- where it is necessary for the purpose of a legitimate interests pursued by the Association or a third party, albeit to the extent that such legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as a data subject involved or those of a third party;
- where this is necessary to ensure compliance with a legal obligation to which the Association is subject;
- with your consent.
The processing of personal data by the Association may be based on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose(s) as specified below.
Your personal data will be processed by the Association for its internal processes, e.g.:
- to enable the Association to provide you with access to all relevant parts of its website;
- to compile visitor reports and to help us improve our website;
- to enable us to supply the information you have requested and manage your participation to contests, studies or other promotional offers or marketing activities;
- to contact you where necessary for the provision of the services you have requested;
- to offer you new products and services;
- to better understand you and your needs;
- other legitimate commercial purposes such as sending you information by e-mail which we deem to be potentially interesting for you, provided you have given us an opt-in or you have previously ordered services from us and the communication is related to similar services. You can unsubscribe in order to stop receiving marketing information from us simply by responding at any time “Unsubscribe” by e-mail to a marketing message. You can also send us a request using the contact information. Please note that if you choose not to receive promotional messages from us, we will continue to send you information about an account you may have with us or a relationship that you may have with us or with regard to a request for our products and services.
Passive information we collect is used to personalize and improve your experience on our website and deliver the content of our website correctly. This information is also used to enable us to monitor and analyze your use of our website and to provide you with access to all relevant parts of our website and pre-fill your login to assist you when you log in once you are registered on our website as a member. We will also use and analyze the personal data we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our activities.
To the extent possible, the Association will limit the collection and processing of your personal data to what is necessary for its intended use.
- How long we store personal data
The Association shall not store personal data that we process for any purpose for longer than is necessary for that purpose. After expiration of that period, the personal data are routinely deleted, unless retention is necessary (i) to ensure compliance with a legal obligation to which the Association is subject, (ii) to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or (iii) for the purpose of any other legitimate interest pursued by the Association or a third party that is not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms as data subject.
- Sharing of personal data
The Association works with several strategic and trusted partners with whom personal information is shared. Parties or entities we may share your personal data with include the association members as mentioned on the website service providers engaged by us to perform certain services in the framework of our relationship with you or for the Association itself, such as providing professional advice, managing risks, insurance and legal disputes, or to public authorities if required by law or court order.
To protect the confidentiality and security of the personal data, the Association enters into appropriate processing agreements with the third parties concerned that require them to comply with applicable privacy legislation.
We may also share your personal data whenever necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Association is subject, to comply with a court order, to protect your vital interest as data subject or those of another natural person or for the purpose of any other legitimate interest pursued by the Association or a third party that is not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms as data subject.
- Transfer outside the EEA
Your personal data may be accessed by or transferred to suppliers, members of the Association or staff of the Association in the European Economic Area, for and to the extent required by the purposes set out in this statement. We will only transfer your personal data to persons or entities in countries outside the EEA if you have not opted out of having your information transferred to such third countries and the Commission has issued an adequacy decision in respect of the third country. In the absence of an adequacy decision, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place. You will be informed whenever we intend to transfer your personal data to a third country or international organization, the existence of an adequacy decision or the appropriate safeguards and how to obtain a copy of them or where they have been made available prior to such transfer taking place.
You acknowledge that personal data that you submit or for which you have given your consent for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. The Association cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others
- Automated decision-making and profiling
The Association does not make decisions which produce legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affects you solely by automated means and without human involvement, including profiling.
- Security of personal data
The Association employs appropriate security, operational and organizational measures to protect your personal data from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We regularly review our data security and reinforce existing and adopt additional security measures where necessary to ensure a consistent and high level of protection.
While we make every effort to ensure the security of your personal data, no website is 100% secure. This is why we encourage you to take appropriate measures to protect yourself, in particular by keeping all your usernames and passwords confidential.
- Legal rights available to data subjects
Right to access. As a data subject, you have the right to access your own personal data, and to ask by means of a written dated and signed request that incorrect information be rectified.
Right to erasure. You also have the right to request that personal data are deleted when:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful exercise of the right to object (see right to object); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Association is subject.
Unless the processing of the personal data is necessary:
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Association is subject; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data and request the Association to restrict the processing of your personal data, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object as specified below, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
The Association may continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- you have given your consent to such processing; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to data portability. You may request the Association to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or to have it transferred directly to another data controller, in the following cases:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you
- and the processing is carried out by automated means
Right to object. You may object to the processing of personal information where the legal grounds for processing is based on the Association’s legitimate interest, unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process that data which override the data subject’s own interests, or where processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to complaint. Finally, as a data subject, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how the Association processes personal data. The complaint may be lodged with the competent supervising authority in the Member state of the data subject’s habitual place of residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. We request you as data subject to please attempt to resolve any issues with the Association first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
To exercise your rights, please send a request to the address of the Association by mail or to the following e-mail address : secretary[ad]metersandmore.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We reserve the right to ask you to establish your identity by means of your passport or other valid identity document.
We recommend that you check back frequently to see if changes have been made.
Last updated : 4 April 2019